PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid July and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
In collaboration with EMI Music Publishing and Warner Chappell Music France, Music Box Records is pleased to present on the same album three original motion picture soundtracks composed by Michel Magne and mostly unreleased on CD: La Ronde (Circle of Love, 1964), La Chasse à l’homme (Male Hunt, 1964) and À cœur joie (Two Weeks in September, 1967).
Between Angélique, Marquise des Anges and Fantômas, La Ronde, directed by Roger Vadim (And God Created Woman, Barbarella), stars Jane Fonda and Maurice Ronet. Heard for the first time over the beautiful credits created by Maurice Binder, Michel Magne’s main theme plays the card of a supreme and optimistic elegance, overtly imitating Mozart’s style, especially his concertos for piano. The score also features some several dance pieces (a flamboyant polka, a playful tango and some delightful waltzes). As a bonus, two other scores composed by Michel Magne and both dated from the 1960s, are also presented here for the first time on CD: La Chasse à l’homme directed by Édouard Molinaro and starring Jean-Paul Belmondo and À cœur joie directed by Serge Bourguignon and starring French film icon Brigitte Bardot.
This present edition features the same content as the original vinyl presentations and includes two original pop songs performed by Pink Floyd rocker David Gilmour and one previously unreleased track for À cœur joie. The CD comes with an 8-page booklet with liner notes by Nicolas Magenham, discussing the films and the scores.
LA RONDE (CIRCLE OF LOVE)
1. Générique (02:19)
2. Retour de guerre (02:35)
3. Bal champêtre (Valse) (02:05)
4. Le soldat et la soubrette (Polka) (02:13)
5. La soubrette et l'étudiant (02:48)
6. L'étudiant et la femme du monde (02:18)
7. Sophie, à cœur ouvert ! (01:39)
8. Tendresse bourgeoise (02:24)
9. Maxim's grande époque (02:00)
10. Salon particulier (02:12)
11. Pygmalion et Galatée (03:33)
12. Le tzigane mène la ronde (02:12)
13. Le tango des folies douces (02:03)
14. Rêveries orientales (03:31)
15. La ronde (La valse de l'amour) (02:53)
Time • 37:22
LA CHASSE À L’HOMME (MALE HUNT)
16. Aubade antique (02:45)
17. Les marmites à Fernand (01:50)
18. La chasse à l'homme (01:28)
19. Séduite et repoussée (02:37)
Time • 08:52
À CŒUR JOIE (TWO WEEKS IN SEPTEMBER)
20. À cœur joie (02:48)
21. Le jeu de l'amour (02:58)
22. Do You Want to Marry Me (02:40)
Performed by David Gilmour
23. I Must Tell You Why (02:42)
Performed by David Gilmour
24. À cœur joie (2e version) (02:30)
Time • 13:48
Total Time • 60:04