PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of December 19, 2017 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
“Leslie Caron gives a stunning, mature performance…brings to life a radiant being, full of bravery and inspiration.”
– Bosley Crowther, The New York Times
“Bryan Forbes’ screenplay and his tactful, sensitive direction create a tender study in loneliness and frustrated love.”
Based on Lynne Reid Banks’ best-selling novel, The L-Shaped Room (1962) tells the tale of a young woman (the superb Leslie Caron), unmarried and pregnant, who takes a bed-sit in a run-down London rooming house to consider her situation. Screenwriter-director Bryan Forbes brings to vibrant life an eccentric community of misfits who become a kind of surrogate family; the stunning cast includes the wonderful likes of Tom Bell, Brock Peters, Cicely Courtneidge, and Patricia Phoenix. Beautifully shot by Douglas Slocombe, and featuring incidental music by John Barry.
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 1.66:1
AUDIO: English 1.0 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1962 / B&W
Special Features: Isolated Music & Effects Track / Audio Commentary with Film Historians Lem Dobbs, Julie Kirgo, and Nick Redman / Original Theatrical Trailer
Limited Edition of 3,000 Units